Trips and Events
Depending on your level of involvement Blue Water Ski Club can offer many opportunities for experiences but the corner stone of our group are the trips. When you ski with someone for a day there is a bond that occurs through your shared experience and you get to know that person or persons in a way that is unique and fun. At the end of a ski day, when you are sharing that après’ beverage and recounting the runs skied together you will undoubtedly find that you have new friends.
The trip committee takes great pride in seeking out destinations that offer those opportunities for excitement and adventure that one can share with people who have the same level of skill and daring. Our eyes are always on the lookout for resorts that offer all levels of skiing over the most interesting and scenic terrain. We seek accommodations that are comfortable and sometimes luxurious, convenient to the lifts and offer great value. Our travel arrangements are always made to get us to and from our destination in the safest manner and with the most ease possible. The monetary benefit of traveling with the club comes in reduced prices in airline seats, lift tickets and accommodations because we and our travel agents receive group pricing on nearly all the necessities of a ski trip. We have solid relationships with the travel agencies we use and trust them to not only make excellent arrangements but to also help us if unforeseen problems arise such as inclement weather or flight alterations.
In just the past few years the club has skied in both North America and Europe; The Jungfrau Region of Switzerland, British Columbia, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, California, Montana, Maine and Vermont. We listen to our membership for ideas or bucket list locations and do everything we can to find the best destination, the best experience.
We invite you to come on a trip with us. Our membership is welcoming to new travelers, new friends and no matter what your skill level you will find those who match your ability. What better day can you have than to be in the mountains on your skis and enjoying it all with great friends.
Panorama – January 26 to February 2, 2019
- 7-nights lodging at Panorama Springs condos
- 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, full kitchen
- Access to outdoor hot tubs
- Six-day lift ticket
- Option to purchase an extra day of skiing at Kicking Horse
- Departure from Hamilton (carpooling to Hamilton is encouraged)
- Bus ride from Calgary Airport to the resort (grocery and beverage stop included)
Silver Star – March 9 to 16, 2019
- 7-nights lodging at Chilcoot Lodge
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a full kitchen
- Ski in/Ski Out
- Access to outdoor hot tubs
- 6 days lift ticket
- Departure from Hamilton (arranging to carpool to Hamilton is encouraged)
- Short bus ride from Kelowna Airport to the resort (Grocery and Beverage stop included)
Updated: October 16, 2018